Complete the form below and a recruiter will contact you soon.
Match load assignments to available drivers according to available hours and safety requirements. Schedule and dispatch drivers to deliver freight. Duties may include using Qualcomm device, telephone, or computer to transmit assignments to drivers and Fleet Managers. This consists of all non-commercial drivers.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor personnel and driver utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
- Must be VERY proficient in excel
- Schedule or dispatch drivers to appropriate locations, according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using telephones
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel to address questions, problems, or requests for service or equipment
- Prepare daily work and run schedule
- Communicate to drivers, including but not limited to, load information and hours
- Responsible for on-time pickup and delivery performance, out of route miles, hours of service compliance, special routing needs, and cost control.
- Ensure that each driver has an adequate understanding of customer and company expectations.
- Daily interactions with drivers, other operation staff and management via Qualcomm, telephone and in person
- Coordinates freight matching with driver availability according to customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Relationship Building – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Change Management – Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- This is a second shift operations on a 4 days on and 3 days off schedule
- 6 pm to 6 am shift
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required, Associate’s Degree (two-year college or technical school): Preferred
Experience: No prior experience necessary
Computer Skills: Excel Proficiency is a must, Office Products
Celebrating A Century of Hogan Tradition
From one truck and one man in 1918 to the full-service, multi-faceted transportation company we are today, we celebrate over 100 years of Hogan success. And we owe that to a long family tradition of unparalleled, personalized service, utilizing first-class equipment and advanced technology. Our family is proud to continue our grandfather Joseph Hogan’s legacy and his commitment to customer and driver satisfaction.