Human Resources Assistant
Complete the form below and a recruiter will contact you soon.
Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all-of the following functional areas: HRIS, benefit administration, unemployment claims, COBRA and retention.
- Maintains and enters employee files in the HRIS system to include terminations and new hires.
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Answers employee’s questions regarding benefits.
- Enters employee benefits into ADP and Aetna systems.
- Resolves any issues regarding employee’s access to ADP, Hogan Driver App and EFS.
- Communicates with account manager’s on employee needs.
- Assists the manager with HR projects.
- Assists with benefit administration.
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Conduct orientation presentation of benefits and Human Resource policies.
- Respond and process unemployment claims.
- Support and plan retention initiatives
- Coordinate special events.
- Provide customer service, in-person and by telephone.
- Currently pursuing or completed degree in Human Resources
- 1 – 2 years of Human Resource experience preferred
- Advanced PC skills with experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet experience required
- Human resource database software experience preferred
- Outstanding organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a proven ability to take initiative on time sensitive projects
- Team-oriented attitude
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to use good judgment in confidential situations
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to use analytical thinking and reasoning to solve problems
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
Celebrating A Century of Hogan Tradition
From one truck and one man in 1918 to the full-service, multi-faceted transportation company we are today, we celebrate over 100 years of Hogan success. And we owe that to a long family tradition of unparalleled, personalized service, utilizing first-class equipment and advanced technology. Our family is proud to continue our grandfather Joseph Hogan’s legacy and his commitment to customer and driver satisfaction.