Battle Creek, MI
Complete the form below and a recruiter will contact you soon.
Battle Creek, MI
The Fleet Manager provides operational leadership and support to drivers assigned to a customer or customer’s account. The Fleet Manager is a liaison with the customer ensuring high quality customer service and support. Ensures safe and timely deliveries. Is responsible for enhancing the overall customer service and support by managing drivers to ensure the client’s needs and expectations are met. Diagnoses and uses independent discretion based on the circumstances to solve employee-related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages drivers’ activities and ensures drivers are meeting and following Hogan expectations and policies and performing to a level that meets client expectations and needs.
- Identifies and addresses any driver performance issues through the use of coaching and discipline, including termination, as appropriate.
- Interviews prospective drivers and make recommendations on hiring decisions.
- Conducts driver 30- and 60-day performance review.
- Coaches, trains, and/or reinforces drivers on customer satisfaction/service, Hogan policies and practices, and safety.
- Coordinates services provided to customers including, but not limited to, employee and customer schedules, to maximize profits.
- Schedules and directs drivers to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs.
- Monitors drivers’ performance and activities.
- Prepares and monitors daily work and run schedules.
- Advises drivers of traffic problems, such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, or other hazards and independently creates contingency plans and alternate routes, as appropriate based on the circumstances to ensure client expectations and needs are met.
- Manages assigned fleet of tractors and drivers for on-time pickup and delivery performance, out of route miles, hours of service compliance, home time, special routing needs, and cost control.
- Ensures a safe working environment and equipment for drivers, including, but not limited to, ensuring drivers are complying with applicable federal, state, and local safety laws and requirements.
- Ensures drivers are properly trained and has an adequate understanding of customer and company expectations, policies, and practices.
- Performs a daily accounting of all assigned trucks and drivers.
- Interacts with drivers on a daily basis answering any questions and ensuring drivers can safely deliver loads on time.
- Works with drivers to reduce turnover and promote longevity of workforce.
- Ensures driver payroll is accurate and submitted timely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft products including Word and Excel.
Celebrating A Century of Hogan Tradition
From one truck and one man in 1918 to the full-service, multi-faceted transportation company we are today, we celebrate over 100 years of Hogan success. And we owe that to a long family tradition of unparalleled, personalized service, utilizing first-class equipment and advanced technology. Our family is proud to continue our grandfather Joseph Hogan’s legacy and his commitment to customer and driver satisfaction.