Operations Safety Manager
Complete the form below and a recruiter will contact you soon.
Operations Safety Manager
Hogan Dedicated Services takes safety seriously, and we require all of our employees to use the Dollar General Work Safe Procedures to keep everyone safe on the job. To that end, we’re seeking an experienced Operations Safety Manager who can evaluate & validate all safety protocols followed on delivery, organize safety training for employees, report problems to management, input minor incident & accident in Safety software, mentor and coach drivers. The ideal candidate will have experience in the transportation industry and understand the specific safety issues inherent to Dollar General. The job does include travel and overnight stays at times.
- Evaluate, assess and report back to management on all safety sensitive issues
- Handle mentoring, coaching, retraining following all safety sensitive issue
- Review accident file contents for accuracy, needed retraining and documentation
- Prepare, communicate and conduct regular safety training session (monthly, quarterly)
- Track all safety data and send regular updates to management (weekly, monthly, quarterly)
- Visit driver delivery sites to conduct safety audit on driver, equipment and store facility
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards
- Lead ongoing Smith System training along with yearly recertification process
- Take accident, first aid and workman’s compensation reports
- Input all above reports into Hogan Safety software program
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
Skills & Abilities:
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Experience: 3 plus years of experience in transportation industry
- Computer Skills: Experience in all Microsoft applications.
- Other Requirements: Transportation/Trucking experience
Celebrating A Century of Hogan Tradition
From one truck and one man in 1918 to the full-service, multi-faceted transportation company we are today, we celebrate over 100 years of Hogan success. And we owe that to a long family tradition of unparalleled, personalized service, utilizing first-class equipment and advanced technology. Our family is proud to continue our grandfather Joseph Hogan’s legacy and his commitment to customer and driver satisfaction.