Senior Manager - Training and Development
Complete the form below and a recruiter will contact you soon.
Senior Manager - Training and Development
This is a career-track position offering significant independence, high visibility within the organization, and the ability to impact bottom-line results. At Hogan we promote a vibrant safety culture that exhibits both our commitment to public and individual safety, and the value we place on our people, our customers, and our role in the communities where we operate.
- Create a formal training structure under which all training initiatives will be developed, managed, and evaluated.
- Define, track, report and manage to key training metrics that provide best in class training for our drivers, promote positive trending in safety and compliance, keep costs in line.
- Conducts comprehensive needs assessments and determines subsequent training and development priorities.
- Establish an orientation approach that is cohesive, comprehensive, targets our core operational and safety policies, and emphasizes our value driven culture
- Coordinate development of onboarding and related specialized training that extends the core themes from orientation into the specific work and safety standards of a new hire’s assigned fleet/dedicated account
- Support Director of Driver Development with training processes for entry level trainees:Training content development for use by field trainers
- Supplemental training to include e-learning covering safety and compliance
- Develop multimedia visual aids and presentations
- Create testing and evaluation processes to demonstrate success of training objectives
- Establish a more deliberate and consistent corrective action training approach that targets problem behaviors, skills, unsafe actsIdentification of opportunities/trends/vendors associated with new and developing training content and delivery methods
- Continually assess training process to ensure we are meeting the needs of the business and drivers. Proactively identify and provide visibility to components of training that need course content modifications.
- Work with Director of Safety, Safety Managers, as well as Operations and HR management to update training objectives based on influences from:
- enforcement and driver performance trends reflected in roadside inspection activity, CSA results, conformance with Hogan policies
- unsafe driving patterns gleaned from tickets, observations, H.O.S.T. program and Critical Event reporting
- findings from post-accident investigations and job hazard analyses targeting strategies for reducing accident and injury frequency/severity
- other issues relating to driver performance, productivity, retention
- Contribute to overall safety communications initiatives including:
- safety culture and Value Driven
- winter safety
- Critical Crashes
- Smith System Defensive Driving
- Workplace safety
- Driver recognition, including use of driver focus groups
- Safety newsletter
- Required competencies in:
- Traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, etc.)
- Training methodologies centering on –
- Behavioral development
- Communication of technical, regulatory content
- Elements of facilitated discussion, classroom instruction, self-paced learning
- Desired competencies in:
- FMCSR and HMR with ability to provide both interpretive and practical guidance on applicability
- State-specific rules and associated (state/federal) enforcement protocols
- Principles of Smith System or similar defensive driving discipline
- 5+ years management experience in safety and training development, preferably in Truckload and Dedicated operations
- Intermediate competency in MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to handle diverse customers both external and internal
- Self-directed, effective communicator comfortable with managing the flow of information up and down the management chain as well as into the driver ranks
- Ability to foster a collaborative relationship with all departments to establish and promote critical training initiatives
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- BS degree in education, human resources or relevant field
Our Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off program
- 401k and Profit Sharing with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Internal Promotion Opportunities
Hogan offers broad career opportunities in nearly every field and profession because we provide a broad portfolio of clients with customized transportation and logistics solutions. Our five transportation companies operate nationwide service centers and 750 NationaLease affiliate locations. Since 1918 through to our recent expansion of corporate headquarters in Maryland Heights, MO, the Hogan family of companies has built its business on a strong foundation of excellent client service.
To learn more about our company please visit www.hogan1.com
Celebrating A Century of Hogan Tradition
From one truck and one man in 1918 to the full-service, multi-faceted transportation company we are today, we celebrate over 100 years of Hogan success. And we owe that to a long family tradition of unparalleled, personalized service, utilizing first-class equipment and advanced technology. Our family is proud to continue our grandfather Joseph Hogan’s legacy and his commitment to customer and driver satisfaction.